If your electrical service is damaged, you have the right to file a claim against the PUD. These are the steps to follow:
- Request a claim form from a claims representative in our claims office. Call (425) 783-8389, weekdays between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- Complete the form, attaching copies of whatever documentation you may have.
- Mail the form to the Risk Management Department, Snohomish County PUD, P.O. Box 1107, Everett, WA 98206-1107.
Once we receive your completed claim form, it is submitted to a claims adjusting firm for processing. If an investigation shows the damage was the result of our negligence, the claims adjuster will contact you to reach a settlement. If we were not responsible, you will receive a letter explaining why your claim has been denied.
The PUD is not liable for the following situations:
- Power interruption.
- Damage due to natural causes, such as windstorms, ice, lightning, snow, trees or animals.
- Damage caused by the negligence of a third party (someone not employed by the PUD). A driver who crashes into a utility pole and knocks out power is an example of a liable third party.
- Most abnormal voltage situations.